Monday, September 15, 2008

Novena to Our Lady of Sorrows - Day 9

Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows


O most holy and afflicted Virgin, Queen of Martyrs, who stood on Mount Calvary when your Son was in agony: by the sword of sorrow which pierced your heart, by the sufferings of your whole life on earth, by your unspeakable joy in Heaven; look down with maternal pity and tenderness as I kneel before you to sympathize with your sorrows, and to place my petition, with childlike confidence, in your wounded heart.
I beg of you, dear Mother, to plead for me with your divine Son, since he can refuse you nothing, and, through the merits of his most sacred Passion and Death, together with your own suffering at the foot of his Cross, so to move his Sacred Heart that I may obtain this request….
To whom shall I go in my need and misery, if not to you, O Mother most merciful, you who pity us poor exiles still sighing in this valley of tears? Offer to Jesus for us but one drop of his most precious blood, but one pang of his loving heart; remind him that you are our life, our sweetness and our hope, and your prayer on my behalf will be heard. Amen.


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary...

No comments: