Sunday, December 14, 2008

St. Lucy's Day

Last night, the Children of Mary group on campus hosted a St. Lucy's Day party. Since I've recently been on something of a baking kick, I decided to back some Santa Lucia Bread. I took the recipe posted over at Catholic Cuisine.

I got a late start, so the bread never actually made an appearance at the party, but it did come to the Post-Trid-Mass brunch in South Dining Hall.

Turned out to be quite lovely, if I may say so - especially with a little literal "sprucing" up.

photo: me 12/14/08



SAINT LUCY, Whose beautiful name Signifies light, By the light of Faith Which God bestowed upon you, Increase and preserve His light in my soul, so that I may avoid evil, Be zealous in the performance of good works, and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and the darkness of evil and sin.

Obtain for me, by your intercession with God, perfect vision for my bodily eyes and the grace to use them for God’s greater honor and glory and the salvation of souls.

St. Lucy, virgin and martyr, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions.

Amen.

No comments: