Friday, January 29, 2010

RIP - Ralph McInerny

Prof. Ralph McInerny past into eternal life at 7:45 this morning.

To be honest, while I can't stop crying right now, I also can't help smiling just a little at how fitting it is that Prof. McInerny leaves this Earth the day after the feast his beloved Thomas Aquinas. Prof. McInerny was one of my most favorite professors. He was always so sweet and always had some witty remark.

I think the last time I saw him was at a lecture a bit over a year ago. He was lecturing on Baron Corvo for the Center for Ethics and Culture. While the lecture series was to encourage the audience to read the works of the featured authors, dear Ralph had nothing good to say about Corvo. It was a wonderful, hilarious lecture.

Other memories of Ralph:
My Dante & Aquinas class enjoying an end-of-the-semester dinner with our professor:



Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.



Other links:
First Things
Francis Beckwith

No comments: