Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summertime

I am back in the fairest Land of Mary and my life is finally starting to settle down (if you wonder why I haven't been posting I have two words for you: life happens)

Today I was able to make Mass at the Cathedral, which I am very fond of despite its (in my opinion) somewhat odd architecture. After this past semester I've begun to notice a number of things in a different way then I did before. After having directed A Man for All Seasons at Notre Dame, the chapel to St. Thomas More has taken on a much greater role in my pilgrimage around the Cathedral I make every time I'm there. I also noticed (I don't know how I missed it before) the main altar rail has "Ave Crux, Spes Unica" on it! Now, granted that little prayer is not all that uncommon, but it is the motto of Notre Dame's Holy Cross Fathers, and, like St. Thomas, it has a special place in my heart.

I'll have to bring my camera with me next time so I can post a picture of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reeeeeeeee! :)