Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Overdue Repairs

One of today's main projects has been sitting on my to-do list for well over a year. It is a good and pious church lady task.

May of last year I was car-less. So, my family picked me up from Notre Dame for the summer. The car was packed to the hilt with my junk and every family member. We were ready to go, but decided to grab a meal at Perkins right next to the toll road entrance before hitting the road. Someone opened the wrong car door at the wrong time and my 2 foot plaster statue of the Immaculate Heart slid out and smashed on to the parking lot pavement.

I was horrified. My beautiful statue was decapitated. (Admittedly, it could have fared worse.)

I carefully collected every shard and placed them all in a styrofoam cup from the restaurant.

Since then I've been meaning to repair the statue. I even brought everything back out to ND with me in hopes of taking care of it on a quiet day (hahaha, like those ever happen out there!). Unfortunately, the decapitated figure just stood up on the top shelf with the Perkins cup at her feet. The face peering out from the cup reportedly scandalized a few curious friends.


Today, I finally got around to starting the work.








No comments: